Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Drafting Process

                Even though doing revisions can be a hastle and I often think to myself "Why can't I just be done with this paper already?" Revisions really do help my papers become more sophisticated and just all around better.
                My original drafts are usually not very well organized and I tend to not think of the right academic words to say. This is probably because at my high school we didn't write a lot of essays and my teachers didn't assign a lot of papers. Since I didn't get a lot of practice, I often run out of things to say. My revisions are better because then I receive help from other people and other ideas for my writing, which gets my creative juices flowing. The drafting process, I feel, really benefits my writing and has made a difference with how I write. My instructor usually gives me really clear comments and if they're not she has no problem with explaining what she meant. My only difficulties with the revision process would be that I don't think I am a very strong writer so I guess I don't try as hard as I can the first time because I know that when I get my paper back it's going to have all kinds of markings on it. Writing has just never come easy for me but I believe that this class has made me a some what better writer and I am starting to become a little bit more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment