Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Change at WSU

                      I'm the kind of girl that gets really homesick and cries everynight because I miss my family and friends. That is basically what I have been doing the past 3 months. Wright State I feel is not very connected to it's students. I don't believe that I am getting a "real" college experience from going here. I guess I just expected college to be a lot different.
                      I grew up in Madison, Wisconsin. A town full of rowdy college students, with lots of places to chill and have fun with friends. Where the downtown is basically the college campus and a city that is an ithmus in between two beautiful lakes. Where the Student Union isn't just for the students, it's for everyone to come watch shows, live bands play, dance concerts, poetry slams, and other really great things. There are always so many events, festivals, and parties going on in Madison that I took for granted because i would really appreciate all of those things now. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that WSU needs to have more activities. It's because it is a very closed off campus where theres nothing really around. WSU also doesn't have a football team so that gets rid of a real college experience as well. The only thing that I truly like about Wright State is the dance program. It is amazing. The teachers are wonderful and it is a family.               

1 comment:

  1. Aww I get homesick too! and I agree that it does not connect with the students, and getting the real college experience.

    ReplyDelete